What we do @ TTC-AU
"I will lead the continued capability development of TTC-AU & its members to ensure that we can continue to make a valuable contribution to Toyota Locally, Regionally & Globally"
Max Gillard, President of TTC-AU
To achieve this, our company is organised into five Departments:
Each of these departments has dedicated teams responsible for a specific area of expertise.
1. Body Engineering Department
This Department comprises of four teams. Three of these consist of specialists who are highly skilled in the design and development of specific parts used in a variety of different vehicles. The fourth group is a cross-functional team responsible for vehicle body systems and components from concept to production, typically for one single model.
1. Body Shell and Functional Parts Design Group:our engineers in Body Shell and Functional Parts are responsible for body shell, glass, body related moulding, fuel systems, exhaust pipe, and functional parts, covering all of the mechanical components such as window regulators, internal and external handles, door locks, mirrors, windscreen wipers and fuel piping.
2. Exterior Design Group: this Group is responsible for designing and developing parts such as bumpers, grilles, side body mouldings and spoilers, as well as head lamps and rear lamps and the like.
3. Interior Design Group: a vehicle fully comes to life with the interior design. Our Interior Design team is skilled at translating the appeal of the overall design into colours, grain, gloss, leather, fabrics and plastics that match pillar garnishes, internal boot trim and the style of the vehicle. The group is responsible for parts such as: instrument panels, console, carpet, trim, seats, seatbelts, boot trim, airbags, and air conditioner.
4. Vehicle Development Group: Vehicle Development Group is responsible for design of vehicle body systems and components from concept to production within the global Toyota engineering network.
2. Chassis Engineering Department
1. Chassis Engineering
3. Customer Quality Engineering Department
With a renowned business model that drives continuous improvement, quality enhancement and challenging tomorrow’s definition of the best possible customer experience is part of our engineers’ DNA. Our Customer Quality Engineering Department promotes the principle of “Early Detection and Early Resolution” in our products and participates in after sale quality review and improvement.
4. Electronics Engineering Department
The Electronics Engineering Department includes three Groups, responsible for the development and inclusion of cutting-edge technologies that increase our vehicles’ functionality, safety and even intelligence.
1. Software Development Group: Working closely with the Technical Center in Japan, software is developed locally for global vehicle projects:
2. The Wire Harness Group: Our Wire Harness team is responsible for complete design and development of wire harnesses for local and global vehicles, including routing and circuit design.
3. The Electronics Engineering and Evaluation Group:
Our team has two functions:
5. Vehicle Evaluation Department
The Vehicle Evaluation Department is involved in the evaluation of both locally made and imported Toyota vehicles. The group's key activities involve dynamic vehicle testing, competitor benchmarking, overall vehicle evaluation and environment studies - especially Australia-specific items which are fed back into Toyota's Global R&D base. Our engineers and technical staff are trained within the Toyota Global network to validate overall design and system functions in line with the specific Global Toyota Standards.
6. Support Areas
Our dedicated support area comprises the following functional teams: